Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Photography in North India ( Part I )

+2
Mr No Good
nelson khor
6 posters

Go down

Bird Photography in North India  ( Part I ) Empty Bird Photography in North India ( Part I )

Post by nelson khor Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Bird Photography in North India
By Nelson Khor

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The " Curry Country ", is the trip which most travel far for me for Bird Photography, 1st we still worry about the local food but end out we are love it, special the local curry and the Kingfisher beer. We spend lot of time to plan this trip for choosier the good agent, reason is we need to find good response, responsible and know what we want as Bird Photographer.

New Delhi is the capital city of India, also it is one of the fastest growing cities in the world and has a total population of nearing three hundred thousand residents. New Delhi is one of the world’s top global cities. Also New Delhi is the most expensive city in India for expatriates in terms of cost of living. New Delhi is known for its wide, tree-lined boulevards and is home to numerous national institutions, museums and landmarks.

These places have lot of beautiful landscape and also the colder place during our trip.

Day 1, Penang > Kuala Lumpur > New Delhi
Mostly whole day in Airport/Flight and arrive at New Delhi about Local Time 9:30pm (India is early 2.5 hours) a tire day, we met the local agent and direct transfer to hotel without dinner, the hotel is near to the air port, 1st day all of us is well sleep.

Day 2, New Delhi to Corbett National Park
Morning after breakfast we need drive to Corbett National Park for about 260 km. It take us about 8 hours on the road, this 8 hours will not feel tire for us but have good experience, from the road seeing, we can see and feel how the local people life style and how their stay, the environmentally will be bit dirty after leave New Delhi city.
We find one interest habit in India, the driver here when driving is very like to press the car horn, the horn is very loud, they can horn from the beginning until end, reason the traffic there is bit mess up.
We see lot of Black Kate in new Delhi, all of them is round from at the sky for searching the food.
We reach at out side Corbett National Park, today we will stay here, only entry to the Park tomorrow afternoon. Today our bird photography begin at nearby resort.

Street photography from Car

Pied Kingfisher

Plumbeous Water Redstart

White Browed Wagtail

White Capped Water Redstart

White Throated Kingfisher

Day 3,4 and 5, Jim Corbett National Park
Named after the hunter and conservationist Jim Corbett who played a key role in its establishment—is the oldest national park in India. The park was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park. Situated in Nainital district of Uttarakhand the park acts as a protected area for the critically endangered Bengal tiger of India, the secure survival of which is the main objective of Project Tiger, an Indian wildlife protection initiative. You can find 50 species of mammals, 580 bird species and 25 reptile species in the Park.
The Jim Corbett National Park is a haven for the adventure seekers and wildlife adventure lovers alike. Corbett National Park is India's first national park which comprises 520.8 km2. area of hills, riverine belts, marshy depressions, grass lands and large lake. The elevation ranges from 1,300 feet (400 m) to 4,000 feet (1,200 m). Winter nights in Corbett national park are cold but the days are bright and sunny.
The next few days we transfer to 4x4 wheel car and stay overnight inside the National park, most of time we at safari drive inside the jungle trail and one elephant ride during the stay at Corbett, the elephant ride is go inside the deep jungle without trail to find the Tiger, unfortunately we only manage to see the Tiger leave over food and the “ output “, this is the good experience and unforgettable trip for me.

Black Rumped Flameback

Blue Whistling Thrush

Brown Fish Owl

Brown Rockchat

Fulvous Breasted Woodpecker

Grey Backed Shrike

Grey Bushchat

Himalayan Bulbul

Jungle Babbler

Jungle Owlet

Long Billed Thrush

Long Tailed Shrike

Red Headed Vulture

Red Vented Bulbul

Red Whiskered Bulbul

River Lapwing

Tawny Fish Owl

White Wagtail

Yellow Crowned Woodpecker

Rhesus Macaque

......... to be continue for Part II
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Bird Photography in North India  ( Part I ) Empty Re: Bird Photography in North India ( Part I )

Post by Mr No Good Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Great series, lots of memory there....can't wait to see what will we get this coming South India trip...

Mr No Good
Mr No Good
山林与鸟

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banhor/

Back to top Go down

Bird Photography in North India  ( Part I ) Empty Re: Bird Photography in North India ( Part I )

Post by Mr No Good Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

And our good friend.....missed him so much...

Mr No Good
Mr No Good
山林与鸟

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Ya... I choose to post today because is our one year ....
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr No Good Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm

The team....

Mr No Good
Mr No Good
山林与鸟

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr No Good Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Your jungle owlet very sweee lo.....
Mr No Good
Mr No Good
山林与鸟

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Mr No Good wrote:Your jungle owlet very sweee lo.....

Thanks... you should have. bounce
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by mun Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:10 am

What a great trip you guys had. Awesome images and write-up.
mun
mun
Bulbul
Bulbul

http://penangbirder.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pummkin Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:55 am

Wonderful write up, Nelson! This post brings tears to my eyes. Chien Was telling me so much about India & wanted me to go & see the culture & lifestyle there. It's almost like he knew the place. I'm going in January to Gujarat. I hope you guys can make it to the Bird Watchers Conference too. Smile
pummkin
pummkin
Sparrow
Sparrow

http://pitch.pummkin.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gsjeevi Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Good experience guys,its not easy,I have experienced it .many promises on sighting tiger but ..... Good pictures and a nice right up.Go to sundrebans tiger reserve in Calcutta.These are mangrove tigers.sad to see chein here,great guy.

gsjeevi
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by BENCYF Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:47 pm

WOI WOI WOI! VERY GOOD EXPRESSION AND I LOVE RIDING ON 4WD AND SHOOT BIRDS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE ID OF NELSON, MR. GOOD AND MARKUS? COS I WANT TO PUT THEM ON MY WANTED LIST.
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PART II, III, IV, V........
BENCYF
BENCYF
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:52 pm

pummkin wrote:Wonderful write up, Nelson! This post brings tears to my eyes. Chien Was telling me so much about India & wanted me to go & see the culture & lifestyle there. It's almost like he knew the place. I'm going in January to Gujarat. I hope you guys can make it to the Bird Watchers Conference too. Smile

Thanks, don't thing we can make it, because just back from South India few day ago... but this trip without our good Friend.....
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:53 pm

BENCYF wrote:WOI WOI WOI! VERY GOOD EXPRESSION AND I LOVE RIDING ON 4WD AND SHOOT BIRDS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE ID OF NELSON, MR. GOOD AND MARKUS? COS I WANT TO PUT THEM ON MY WANTED LIST.
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PART II, III, IV, V........

Part ii is out, also is end

III and IV will be South India.
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down