Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5Ds R with 800/5.6 IS or 200/2 IS lens

Go down

5Ds R with 800/5.6 IS or 200/2 IS lens Empty 5Ds R with 800/5.6 IS or 200/2 IS lens

Post by dolina Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:11 am

Back in 2012 Canon released the 5D Mark III and had some issues when used with select [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lenses.

The issue being an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mechanism when AF is engaged and IS was ON.

I was one the few affected by this incompatibility that would require the lens to be shipped back to CPS, disassmbled and a part swapped out.

Not wanting to mess with a perfectly working lens I decided to skip the 5D Mark III.

Now, with the 5Ds R I can say my 800 operates as quietly as if it was attached to a 7D Mark II.

On a side note for those who received their bodies within the past week what is the last digits of your serial number? Mine is less than 50. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr
dolina
dolina
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down