Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi folks of this forum

2 posters

Go down

Hi folks of this forum Empty Hi folks of this forum

Post by shanlung Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi folks,

I think I be coming into the birding world even if I just have with me a pocket Canon IXUS 80 IS compact.
I used to have SLRs. I bought them, used them, and as those cameras grew heavier by the hours, I gave them away or use them as door stops.

That was before I found I liked feathered birds.

If you are into keeping of birds and not just watcher of birds, it might be likely that you already have known of me.
If you have a distaste of seeing birds in cages, you will find I am different from most others who kept birds.

The cage doors were almost always wired opened or wedged open for my birdies to fly in and out.
Even though my birdies came to me wild caught (I did not catch them) and adult, within a month, they would be flying to me when I called to them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Above with Yingshiong white rumped shama

With Libai Greater Greenleaf bird

With Riamfada Congo African Grey in desert of Sultanate of Oman

If you like those kind of photos, go to my web site , shanlung dot com and you see a lot more such photos.

I decided not to keep bird with me until I know I am permanently in one place.
The bonding and then having to give them up to another person and training that person to do right with those birds became painful.

I am now looking for a place that I felt I can retire in, preferably a small town and close to forest.

I found that while I do not keep birds, I am attracted to the wild birds especially recently when I went to stay in Taiping, Perak for a few weeks to check if I like that enough to retire in. In checking out of a couple of birds I shot, I came into your forum here.

Even as I found nice as Taiping was, there are many more places for me to check out if I retire there. I will spend about 3-4 weeks each time.
My next trip in a couple of weeks will be to Pankor Island, followed by Baling/Betong. And Pohkara Nepal, and Vietnam and further afield.

It was then I realised a compact Canon IXUS is very very limited in taking photos of wild birds.
I am very seriously deciding to go back to SLR with better lenses. And a good pair of bino as well.
And accept that I have to carry something heavier than a compact camera.

I seen the photos uploaded in this forum.
I cannot upload the photos I took with my Canon. Wild birds a lot more difficult to shoot with this canon then my earlier companion birds.

I might do that later with a better camera, and if my shots are good enough
shanlung
shanlung
Sparrow
Sparrow

http://shanlung.com/

Back to top Go down

Hi folks of this forum Empty Re: Hi folks of this forum

Post by JKC Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Most of the birds photographers here practice not to disturb nature. We captured images and only left foot print in the forest.

Using a PNS camera will be tough for flying object but it's not impossible. We have a super'd good PNS photographer staying in Northern region. Look out for BKlim. His the master of PNS birds photographer I ever see in Malaysia.

Secondly! do not use flash on birds because your camera focusing point are too near to the subject. it only will spoiled their eye sight. Also the birds feather color will be far out from natural colors.

Rgds,

JKC

JKC
JKC
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/24469470@N04/

Back to top Go down