Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digiscoping the Falconet

5 posters

Go down

Digiscoping the Falconet Empty Digiscoping the Falconet

Post by jytou Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Trying on the other digiscoping setting, this time with Lumix LC70 + Swaro AT 80 HD. Here are the results:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Caught a cicade-like insect and feeding on it, I am still struggling with fixing the colors (postprocessing of the photos)

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Digiscoping the Falconet Empty Re: Digiscoping the Falconet

Post by nelson khor Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 pm

The color bit not same.... are this original color out from Camera ?
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:59 pm

nelson khor wrote:The color bit not same.... are this original color out from Camera ?

nope, edited..... the original ones all looked serious washed out..... I ready used lowest ISO....... or else even brighter and less color details....

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by makus Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:40 pm

The Swarovsky scope should be very sharp... something wrong with your setting?
makus
makus
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:20 am

makus wrote:The Swarovsky scope should be very sharp... something wrong with your setting?

under 60 x maximum size not so sharp because light is less compared to magnification factor, but anyhow, the color capture by the camera always have a strong fade of color problem and is difficult to focus by looking at the small LCD screen, so maybe I still need more practice or a more suitable cam to adapt to it?

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wmw998 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:06 pm

General problem is with shooting at the sky, the light behind the bird always affects the quality of the picture, just like you are shooting from the shadow side of the bird. And when you try to brighten up the shot, the colour will just run, or the subject becomes a little 'misty'. So, train the bird to come low down next time, shoot when there is a nice green BG, then reward the bird with lizards or insects.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:25 pm

wmw998 wrote:General problem is with shooting at the sky, the light behind the bird always affects the quality of the picture, just like you are shooting from the shadow side of the bird. And when you try to brighten up the shot, the colour will just run, or the subject becomes a little 'misty'. So, train the bird to come low down next time, shoot when there is a nice green BG, then reward the bird with lizards or insects.

o..... pls come and demo for me to see see........ hahahaha

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wmw998 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 pm

No need to demo, you won't see me shooting at the sky, except for flight shots,and even so, the sunlight has to be behind me...kakakakaka !

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 pm

wmw998 wrote:No need to demo, you won't see me shooting at the sky, except for flight shots,and even so, the sunlight has to be behind me...kakakakaka !

Its not that easy to choose close enough spots to photograph this guy, since it is on a road with cars passing, I did have one with greener background yet the focus is poorer and not shared here....

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wmw998 Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 pm

I know, this guy seldom comes low down, but I have also got it once on the ground, eating a Grey Wagtail, you know, one of those lucky moment!
I think the quality of your images is also affected very much by the mounting of the camera to the scope. Think about that.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BENCYF Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

i only want the falconet. not your pic. bounce bounce
Redo redo pls.
BENCYF
BENCYF
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wmw998 Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 pm

wmw998 wrote:I know, this guy seldom comes low down, but I have also got it once on the ground, eating a Grey Wagtail, you know, one of those lucky moments!
I think the quality of your images is also affected very much by the mounting of the camera to the scope. Think about that.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:04 pm

wmw998 wrote:I know, this guy seldom comes low down, but I have also got it once on the ground, eating a Grey Wagtail, you know, one of those lucky moment!

Ya.... but that is not a grey wagtail habitat..... the only ground lurking species could be the peaceful dove and eurasian tree sparrows, this ready the lowest I had seen, it caught the cicada from a tree. Yes, without mounting, must had been given a big effect as well, don't worry will continue to try out.... I saw many other birders also started with rather poor digiscoping quality before they became pros.

BENCYF wrote:i only want the falconet. not your pic. bounce bounce
Redo redo pls.

No problem, sending you the falconet, you will receive it at your house once those you promised to send me arrived at mine..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down