Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis)

2 posters

Go down

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) Empty Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis)

Post by dolina Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

The Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) is a tree kingfisher found in the Philippines. This kingfisher is a resident over much of its range, although some populations may make short distance movements. It can often be found well away from water where it feeds on a wide range of prey that includes small reptiles, amphibians, crabs, small rodents and even birds. During the breeding season they call loudly in the mornings from prominent perches including the tops of buildings in urban areas or on wires.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Location: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Settings: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
dolina
dolina
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) Empty Re: Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis)

Post by dolina Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

Upon the recommendation of a user I have desaturated my bird as it was generating blown highlights and false colors on the blue feathers.

The motion blur of the bird flipping the crustacean was caused by my 1/200 shutter speed. If given a chance to do it again I would increase it to 1/500.

I posted the slightly out of focus image because I felt that the subject matter of the bird eating was stronger and conveyed a compelling story.
dolina
dolina
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis) Empty Re: Brown-breasted Kingfisher (Halcyon gularis)

Post by nelson khor Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:09 pm

It almost same as Malaysia White Throated Kingfisher , only with out white at the throated...
Nice bird..
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by dolina Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Thanks nelson

Settgins: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
dolina
dolina
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:20 pm

dolina wrote:Thanks nelson

Settgins: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one better...nice shot
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by dolina Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:09 am

Thanks Nelson.
dolina
dolina
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down