Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra)

2 posters

Go down

Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra) Empty Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra)

Post by dolina Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

The Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra) is a species of bird in the Muscicapidae family. It is found in Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical mangrove forests.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Location: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Settings: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

===========

Story behind the photo:

After taking the photo of the Indigo-banded Kingfisher  at the horse stable I was led by Roddel to this lifer (bird watcher talk for a bird you either first seen live in the wild or photographed live in the wild) Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra) on the opposite side of the hill. By initial description given to me by Roddel I was expecting an Common Emerald Dove (Chalcophaps indica).

Incidentally there I met Gerald, the founder/owner of Istorya.net who was looking for a Red Bellied Pitta.
dolina
dolina
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra) Empty Re: Mangrove Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis rufigastra)

Post by nelson khor Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Lovely color....
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down