Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi All Bird Lovers...

3 posters

Go down

Hi All Bird Lovers... Empty Hi All Bird Lovers...

Post by Josephine Lopez Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi All Bird Lovers, i'm Jo, from Singapore. Love driving up to Malaysia for shopping, good food and holidays, especially the islands and highlands. Occasionally will recharge in Cameron Highlands during the children's school breaks for the cool, oxygen rich fresh air and also to do revisions with them without distractions. Eventually hope to retire there.

Love the corals, fishes and sea.. but recently has been poisoned by one of you guys into birding after viewing his impressive portfolio.
Came across this forum by chance while looking for Malaysia birds photography. Find the forum very lively, informative and sometimes very funny too.

After seeing what you guys use, feel very pai seh Embarassed Meanwhile have to make do with my existing cameras until i manage to convince my Minister of Finance. Tried taking pictures of birds in the wild, unfortunately hasn't been successful, Hahaha.....my MOF suggested that i go to Jurong Bird park instead.

Hope to learn from all you Sifus out there. Hopefully one day i'll be able to take pictures like you guys or maybe join one of your birding trips... Hahaha.... But no leeches please.... had very bad experience while camping in Endau Rhompin ...cheers

Josephine Lopez
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Hi All Bird Lovers... Empty Re: Hi All Bird Lovers...

Post by wahoo Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:58 am

haha.. welcome!

BTW, no leech then no good birds oo.. haha
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Welcome Josephine Lopez.

Jurong bird park is good place for learn " How to photography " Bird.... and lot of nice bird there...

Don't worry about leech, all of also don't like it, it can be prevent to lost your blood by leech if you have well prepare...Cool
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Lopez Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:53 pm

wahoo wrote:haha.. welcome!

BTW, no leech then no good birds oo.. haha

Thanks Wahoo.

So die lor... affraid guess if i want to takes good birds pic in the wild, i will have to be prepared to get suck by the leeches... or arm myself with more bottles of insect repellent and ridsect.

Maybe when i reach yr level, all these leeches will be nothing to me. Meanwhile, i'm contented with the other beautiful birds in leech free areas.Very Happy

Josephine Lopez
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Lopez Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:25 pm

nelson khor wrote:Welcome Josephine Lopez.

Jurong bird park is good place for learn " How to photography " Bird.... and lot of nice bird there...

Don't worry about leech, all of also don't like it, it can be prevent to lost your blood by leech if you have well prepare...Cool

Thanks Nelson.

Enjoyed your article on "Capturing Kingfisher - What, How, When & Where", very informative and interesting.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

es... Jurong Bird Park has a wide collection of beautiful birds. Used to bring my kids there when they were small.

Btw, does anyone know of any good birding locations in Cameron? Will be going up the highlands tomorrow.

Josephine Lopez
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Josephine Lopez wrote:
nelson khor wrote:Welcome Josephine Lopez.

Thanks Nelson.

Enjoyed your article on "Capturing Kingfisher - What, How, When & Where", very informative and interesting.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

es... Jurong Bird Park has a wide collection of beautiful birds. Used to bring my kids there when they were small.

Btw, does anyone know of any good birding locations in Cameron? Will be going up the highlands tomorrow.

Best for Cameron highland will be the up hill from tea plantations(Gunung Brinchang), you need to drive until top, they are one tower there, you can see lot of bird during early morning when the light come up, we do photography at half way (after tea plantation ) too.. Large Nitaval, White Tail Robin will be the highlight
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Lopez Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks Nelson,
Other than the tea plantation at Gunung Brinchang, is there any other place?
My MOF has long refused to drive there because he is afraid that his vehicle under carriage will be damaged Sobbing

Josephine Lopez
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Josephine Lopez wrote:Thanks Nelson,
Other than the tea plantation at Gunung Brinchang, is there any other place?
My MOF has long refused to drive there because he is afraid that his vehicle under carriage will be damaged Sobbing

Normal car is ok there....good condition road... Other place might no very sure
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Lopez Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks Nelson.

Already back from Cameron Highlands.

Spent most of my mornings chasing after the birds or more like chasing away the birds. Heard many different birds calling, saw many birds, but what to do... most of them are camera shy Bird Pooping

So this is my first birding trip up in the mountains, like what my MOF said more like a disaster. My battery ran out and i brought the wrong charger for my camera so end up using my idiot proof camera Lumpy

After this trip, i really salute all the bird photographers Bow Down

Josephine Lopez
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Josephine Lopez wrote:Thanks Nelson.

Already back from Cameron Highlands.

Spent most of my mornings chasing after the birds or more like chasing away the birds. Heard many different birds calling, saw many birds, but what to do... most of them are camera shy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So this is my first birding trip up in the mountains, like what my MOF said more like a disaster. My battery ran out and i brought the wrong charger for my camera so end up using my idiot proof camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After this trip, i really salute all the bird photographers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not easy but not hard too.... no pain no gain
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Lopez Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Haha... Yeah no pain no gain.

Btw, Nelson, out of curiosity, can't help but noticed that below the name Nelson is 鸟神. Did you name yourself Nelson because it sounded like 鸟神, or its just by coincidence?

Josephine Lopez
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Josephine Lopez wrote:Haha... Yeah no pain no gain.

Btw, Nelson, out of curiosity, can't help but noticed that below the name Nelson is 鸟神. Did you name yourself Nelson because it sounded like 鸟神, or its just by coincidence?

When my name Nelson, not birding yet. Believe by coincidence...
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down