Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about oversharpening and halos.

3 posters

Go down

Question about oversharpening and halos. Empty Question about oversharpening and halos.

Post by jack2964 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:52 am

Being a novice in both photography and PP, I often read about people mentioning halos when a photo is oversharpened. I've obviously looked on the web for information but am still unsure what 'halos' really are. I've 2 photos both probably already over-sharpened but the lower photo I deliberately over-sharpened a lot more and then marked with some arrows what I think halos are and would like to ask you experts have I got it right here? Thanks for all feedback.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

jack2964
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Question about oversharpening and halos. Empty Re: Question about oversharpening and halos.

Post by chongbt Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Yup, you've got it.
chongbt
chongbt
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/batguyz

Back to top Go down

Question about oversharpening and halos. Empty Re: Question about oversharpening and halos.

Post by jack2964 Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks Chongbt. Another mystery solved.

jack2964
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Halos another meaning to me is ...

Most of the time is flight shots, the bird with blue sky... you can see between bird and the blue sky very obviously.. not necessary because of over sharpening if over contrast
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by jack2964 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you Nelson, I've learned something new here.

jack2964
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum