Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused.

4 posters

Go down

How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused. Empty How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused.

Post by chankaisoon Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 am

lol!
chankaisoon
chankaisoon
Sparrow
Sparrow

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000052682589

Back to top Go down

How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused. Empty Re: How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused.

Post by nelson khor Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Possible they sometime also change from top to bottom.. hahahahah

Well done... I love this video
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused. Empty Re: How to tell which is the male and which female??? I am confused.

Post by jytou Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:34 pm

wow!!! What are the odds of seeing this? any shots of both bird in high resolution? Both bird had male characteristic from my point of view, I sex the Rock Pigeon by the general appearance of the head and neck, the males tend to have a squarer head and larger throat to neck region (more buffed up), female rounder heads and slimmer neck, the postures adopt by both birds here are pretty male like and it is not something new to see homosexual relationship in the bird world.

Remembered the pair of female Great and Rhinoceros Hornbills in Singapore that are attempting to make a nest to "breed"?

But if this is an authentic pair and I gotta choose, the white headed one looked slightly more feminine then the other one.

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by chankaisoon Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Sorry I did not take any still picture. The video was recorded with the Canon HF camcorder which has only 2-3 megapixels. I notice one bird appears to be slightly smaller/less puffed up. Could that be the female/male?
chankaisoon
chankaisoon
Sparrow
Sparrow

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000052682589

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:26 am

chankaisoon wrote:Sorry I did not take any still picture. The video was recorded with the Canon HF camcorder which has only 2-3 megapixels. I notice one bird appears to be slightly smaller/less puffed up. Could that be the female/male?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View this image, the female is quite thinner compared to male, maybe your slightly smaller/less puffed up bird appeared to be a fat female?? Laughing I used to spend time watching pigeons, the female I saw are often duller (less glossy on breast) did not usually puff the breast up and significantly rounder thinner head and neck.

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by bklim Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

two male = ????
bklim
bklim
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down