Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help...

+2
makus
wahoo
6 posters

Go down

Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help... Empty Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help...

Post by wahoo Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Need help to ID this. Not sure whether this is White-chested Babbler (Trichastoma rostratum)

Thanks in advance...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help... Empty Re: Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help...

Post by makus Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Can describe the habitat?
The White-chested Babbler normally stay very near to riversides or streams.
Also White-chested Babbler has clean white below but yours shows brownish... I guess is either Abbott's or Horsfield's Babbler Razz
makus
makus
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help... Empty Re: Kenot get a clean shot, I kenot identify this. Need help...

Post by wahoo Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 am

this one taken in Perdik, Ulu Langat.
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:05 pm

makus wrote:Can describe the habitat?
The White-chested Babbler normally stay very near to riversides or streams.
Also White-chested Babbler has clean white below but yours shows brownish... I guess is either Abbott's or Horsfield's Babbler Razz

Haha, at another forum I already told him must be something within Abbott's, Horsfield's and Short-tailed type of Babbler, now split as a same genus from some others. But does not match throat for Short-tailed, so must have been Abbott's or Horsfield's. How good if the calls are heard........

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by digdeep1962 Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:30 am

I would suggest Horsfield's due to the short-tailed appearance, and from what can be seen of the head.

digdeep1962
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:19 pm

digdeep1962 wrote:I would suggest Horsfield's due to the short-tailed appearance, and from what can be seen of the head.

Dave, I think this is not Horsfield's because the size is smaller. I had seen Horsfield's last weekend and got few shot of it. I can't locate this bird again last week.
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by yee11 Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:55 pm

It's a Horsfield's, bro wahoo, Abbott's tail is longer. If you wanna get Abbott's, try opposite the fishpond behind the house. Razz
yee11
yee11
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm

yee11 wrote:It's a Horsfield's, bro wahoo, Abbott's tail is longer. If you wanna get Abbott's, try opposite the fishpond behind the house. Razz

size is smaller than Horsfield's la bradehh, so I think cannot be a Horsfield's..
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by yee11 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Hahaha......May be you're right, but I'm sure it's not white chested babbler. Rolling Eyes for your info, Abbott is bigger than Horsfield.
yee11
yee11
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by digdeep1962 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Can you post your pics of Horsfield's wahoo, for comparison?

digdeep1962
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 pm

digdeep1962 wrote:Can you post your pics of Horsfield's wahoo, for comparison?

Sure, here it is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by digdeep1962 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks,

Having seen them, I still think this is Horsfield's!

Dave

digdeep1962
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 pm

I had seen both white-chested and Horsfield's babbler. base on the physical size, I think this is white-chested babbler.

thanks for helping!
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 pm

wahoo wrote:I had seen both white-chested and Horsfield's babbler. base on the physical size, I think this is white-chested babbler.

thanks for helping!

I guess you must be changing your mind now...... hehehehe

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by mikebirder Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:17 pm

My white-chested can be seen at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I still go for the Horsfield's
mikebirder
mikebirder
Sparrow
Sparrow

http://mikebirder.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 pm

ooo I see, the white is obvious on the chest area.. thanks..
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down