Malaysia Bird Photography Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old pics from my early days I get into birding

+7
JKC
weefar
BENCYF
tank msia
nelson khor
mallardg500
wahoo
11 posters

Go down

Old pics from my early days I get into birding Empty Old pics from my early days I get into birding

Post by wahoo Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Just to share my crappy collection from the early days I get into birding. All taken with Nikon D3000 and 70-300VR lens. Some of pic size was 500x333 because that time I was using free flickr account...

1. ETS
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

2. Zebra dove

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

3. Common tailorbird

4. WTKF

5. Black-capped babbler

6. Oriental magpie-robin - juvy

7. Common Iora

8. Olive-winged Bulbul

9. Pied fantail

10. Bee-eater

wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Old pics from my early days I get into birding Empty Re: Old pics from my early days I get into birding

Post by mallardg500 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Why was that WTKF grinning at you?...
mallardg500
mallardg500
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mallardg500/

Back to top Go down

Old pics from my early days I get into birding Empty Re: Old pics from my early days I get into birding

Post by wahoo Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 pm

mallardg500 wrote:Why was that WTKF grinning at you?...

nope, it says Selamat Hari Raya! that one was taken when I was in hometown in Perlis during Hari Raya.. wakakakakak
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Not bad at all when your 1st birding....

You Home town in Perlis.. so you visit Perlis park ? That area should have good bird... remember the part ranger said early morning the banded Pitta is show out at the main entry....
nelson khor
nelson khor
鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by tank msia Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Smile Smile

tank msia
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:50 pm

nelson khor wrote:Not bad at all when your 1st birding....

You Home town in Perlis.. so you visit Perlis park ? That area should have good bird... remember the part ranger said early morning the banded Pitta is show out at the main entry....

yup, I know there is pitta over there due to plenty of leeches (BIG in size! can hear the dried leaves on the forest floor cracking whenever those leeches rushing to get to you..). tried searching for them oledi but still kenot find. local people oso telling me some kind of small KF they called by "burung kabau" - no idea at all whether it was BEKF, ODKF or what because still kenot find.

will try again this Hari Raya - long holiday then because my workshop is closed for 1 week.
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by BENCYF Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 am

Nice capture with limited gear for birds.
BENCYF
BENCYF
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:14 am

BENCYF wrote:Nice capture with limited gear for birds.

thanks Ben
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by weefar Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 am

#9, nice action! Smile

weefar
Bulbul
Bulbul

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 pm

thanks weefar
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by JKC Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:38 pm

good di lor. my first bird are even worst. hahahah
JKC
JKC
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/24469470@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:56 pm

JKC wrote:good di lor. my first bird are even worst. hahahah

ya ka? thanks bradehh
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wmw998 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:55 pm

These are so much better than those that I took when I first started bird photography. Sometimes I still look back at my old shots just to see the mistakes made, and what to improve on.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:54 pm

thanks Adrian.

actually I'm into photography since SLR days (film camera). I always borrow my brother's Nikon and Yashica SLR to get good pics of defective item at my work place to claim back to supplier because those days, Polaroid just not good enough to get the defect clearly seen in the picture.

It was a very long time I haven't touch any SLR camera since the camera was stolen - maybe for about 15 years. those days, camera especially SLR would cost me a bomb!

I really appreciate technology, making electronic goods like DSLR is much cheaper and affordable these days.

too bad I've choosen the wrong path in photography again by doing bird photography where the NAS syndrome really bite me hard. aiyooooo...
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by arixt Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Every body starts the same way, Bro!....you've done very well!
arixt
arixt
Sparrow
Sparrow

http://arinaturephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr No Good Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:27 am

Old days shots so powerful!!!
Mr No Good
Mr No Good
山林与鸟

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banhor/

Back to top Go down

Post by makus Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Remind me of my early days' birding which I enjoyed very much... but photos all buang already because no eyes see. Yours are much better! Smile
makus
makus
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by wahoo Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

digging into my photobucket and found this...

don't know the ID, maybe some kind of babbler

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
wahoo
wahoo
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down